chromosomes

Cereoid CEREOID at prodigy.net
Mon Nov 27 23:49:37 EST 2000

What is the name of the species or is it an entirely new species? Can you at
least name the genus?

The chromosome number may have already been reported.

There is much literature on the chromosomes of Cactaceae. Many of the
articles outline how the chromosome counts were made in their Materials &
Methods.

The basic number for the Cactaceae is X=11.

In any case, yours is a  question better asked in the Cacti_etc list. Many
professional botanists are members.
http://www2.labs.agilent.com/bot/cactus_home

news:3a22960a at alijku02.edvz.uni-linz.ac.at...