data analysis software for classes

Rebecca S. Pearlman rpearlman at madison.tec.wi.us
Wed Oct 4 16:48:59 EST 2000

There are some nice tutorials on Excel that are available on-line.  To see a number of them, go to scrtec.org, choose Trackstar, and search for "Excel".  (The Trackstar site contains mini-websites created by teachers for their students.)

Just today I had my students walk through a PowerPoint tutorial on the TrackStar site.  Most of the students had the hang of it within 15 or 20 minutes.  I think PowerPoint is actually harder than Excel, too!  The students had a real sense of accomplishment afterwards, as well.

If you don't have enough time in your class, or access to a computer lab, you could assign the tutorial as homework.  Just a thought.  Good luck!

Rebecca Pearlman, Ph.D.
Administrative Director
Bio-Link Center for Biotechnology Education
North Central Region
Madison Area Technical College
3550 Anderson St.
Madison, WI   53704