science for grades 6-12

Linda Heath heath at XAVIER.XU.EDU
Mon Apr 30 13:20:33 EST 2001

At 12:41 PM 4/25/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>"Fisher, Roxanne" wrote on 24/4/01 6:36 pm
>
>>Dear plant-ed folks:
>>
>>One of my former students now heads an after-school program for grades 6-12
>>at the daycare center my son attends.  She's looking for resources to plan
>>science activities (not strictly plant bio, but including plant bio) for the
>>students.  Are there any websites, books, or organizations that might be
>>helpful to her that you would recommend?

The National Gardening Assocation publishes a book called
"Growlab: Activities for Growing Minds", geared for K-8.  I"ve used
it for 7 years in a week-long "Plants in the Classroom" workshop
for teachers...and that tough audience gives it high marks.

The organizaitions web address is

http://www.garden.org/

Linda Heath
Biology Department