Compositae vs. Asteraceae ??

Staria Vanderpool svand at mail.astate.edu
Wed Aug 8 12:29:03 EST 2001

As taxonomic literature contains both sets of names it is essential to
acquaint plant taxonomy students with the alternative names for these
families.  When they search the literature for specific groups they will
encounter references using the modern and the traditional names for these
significant families.

Staria