Compositae vs. Asteraceae ??

Steve cereoid at prodigy.net
Wed Aug 8 13:53:53 EST 2001

A better wording would be to say that the obsolete Jussieu family names are
still  tolerated as alternate names even though they are not in proper form.
It is better practice that one consistently uses the conserved plant family
names in proper form that are listed in the appendices of the ICBN. It makes
no sense to continue to use the obsolete Jussieu names that are in improper
form. I look forward to the day the obsolete Jussieu names are rejected
outright by the code.

http://www.bgbm.fu-berlin.de/iapt/nomenclature/code/tokyo-e/Contents.htm