labs for non-majors

Fisher, Roxanne RFisher at
Thu Aug 16 14:59:59 EST 2001

Dear Plant-ed folks:

I'm looking for labs for my non-majors plant biology course this fall.  Two
ideas I have are a lab working with natural plant dyes, and one looking at a
plant response to a chemical that would generate an easy to understand
result of more response (growth with fertilizer or maybe root production
with IBA) with more chemical added until a threshold was reached and the
response levels off.  Does anyone have any better developed lab ideas along
these lines or resources to point me towards?

Roxanne H. Fisher                                  rfisher at
Assistant Professor of Biology                  phone (412)365-1893
Chatham College                                     fax (412)365-1505
Woodland Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15232