technology for teaching

starrett starrett at cstl.semo.edu
Wed Feb 7 15:10:17 EST 2001

Go for a "wirless notebook classroom.  The whole outfit consists of a
cart with 25 laptops that plug into slots for charging.  Wireless
Internet connections allow all to roam freely int he rom and do work.
Can even walk them outside (nearby) and have class on the lawn.  Cost
for the whole thing which has cart, laptops, server, etc is around
$30k.  Compaq and Dell to name a few have versions of this.

A smartBoard is another useful feasture I'd highly recommend.  I believe
info is at smart.com, they will send you to a local rep for a demo et
al.

Dave Starrett