ABT article

STARIA S. VANDERPOOL svand at navajo.astate.edu
Fri Feb 16 11:34:03 EST 2001

I've been following the discussion with interest; it reflects some of
the conversations we've been having about botany labs here.  The
technology applications are great & engage student interest, but the
focus of the discussion on plant ed so far seems to be on imaging
rather than plant structure & function.

The problem I see with our students is their failure to link the
prepared material & images to 3-D living plant structure & function.
That is why we use images in the first place - isn't it?  We do have
the students work with some living materials & fresh preparation
already.  How can we link that to use of educational technology?

Staria

Staria S. Vanderpool, Ph.D.
Asst. Prof. of Botany
Dept. of Biological Sciences