Carpels in dicots: question

Cereoid CEREOID at prodigy.net
Mon Feb 26 07:24:15 EST 2001

That's a common fallacy in many text books and taught in schools.

Many of the most primitive flowering plant that are not monocotyledons have
floral parts in whorls of three.

Also, the number of locules (carpels) in the fruit of many genera of dicots
do not correspond to the number of floral parts (or lobes in sympetalous
genera) in a whorl.

news:20010215001708.20895.00001241 at ng-fn1.aol.com...