CAM and non-CAM

Artus, Nancy N. nartus at wcupa.edu
Mon Mar 12 13:30:33 EST 2001

It is primarily a physiological change.  There is a very slight change in
the physical appearance as I reall, but it has been over 15 years since I
have seen it, so my memory is blurry.  The main criteria for identifying it
as being in the CAM mode is measuring the diurnal acidification and
deacidification.  The activities of PEP Carboxylase and Malic enzyme
increase when in the CAM mode too.

Nancy Artus