public understanding

Bill Williams WEWilliams at osprey.smcm.edu
Mon Mar 12 15:24:08 EST 2001

David,

We might be interested here at St. Mary's College. Give us a week or
so to see what the implications are. Don't mind if we Americanize it
bit, do you? You know, change "colour" to "color," substitute
McDonald's for Bass Taverns, that sort of thing?

-Bill Williams

At 16:59 +0000 3/12/01, david walker wrote:
>Good home wanted.
>
>In 1998  my son and I put together a web site
>
>http://www.alegba.demon.co.uk/beermats.html
>
>As you will see, if you would care to glance at, it the concept came from a
>scientific illustrator ( Mic Rolph ) and, as its url implies, the idea was
>to put questions on beer mats (coasters) in British pubs which would further
>"the public understanding of science". Whether or not it succeeded in this
>lofty ambition it attracted a lot of interest but now it is about to be laid
>to rest because my ISP only permits me a certain amount of space and I need
>all that I can afford.
>
>All of the questions would, I have no doubt, be readily answered by
>contributors to Plant ed but they might task the knowledge of some students
>and, who knows, foster interest in matters biological, chemical and
>physical.
>
>If anyone would care to offer a home to this site (i.e accommodate it on
>their own ISP) I would be glad to hear from them All I can offer by way of
>reward for such a public minded gesture is a set of the original beer mats.
>
>David Walker
>

>---

William E. Williams
Biology Department