Lives of Plants

Virginia Berg Virginia.Berg at uni.edu
Mon Mar 26 11:15:32 EST 2001

The Private Life of Plants is the Attenborough series, which I think is
wonderful, and use a lot in non-majors' classes.

The Secret Life of Plants is a book based on plants reading peoples'
minds (etc.), which I use to get the students to think about the
difference between a scientific experiment and a one-time or chance
happening.  I find my senior biology students are helpless in the face
of these reports.  The Dalai Lama even asked me about them. (You never
know what knowledge will be useful when.)

They're both useful, but in very different ways.

--Gini Berg