algae and water quality

David Kirschtel kirschte at
Tue May 29 12:23:11 EST 2001

Beverly Brown wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good source for information on what types of algae
> are linked to various levels of water quality?  I have a 1962 reference,
> but suspect there is something more recent.

Take a look at the following web page for a reasonably current list of references: 6.4

Also, try doing some web searches on the term "index of biotic
integrity" or "IBI"

>  Is there an e-mail list someone could suggest?

  David Kirschtel, Ph.D. * kirschte at * 517.432.0898
    112 N Kedzie Lab * Mich State Univ * E Lansing, MI * 48824
 First Year Online/Biology