temperature sensitive paper/film

Verhoeven, Amy S. asverhoeven at stthomas.edu
Wed May 30 08:51:08 EST 2001

Hi all,

I'm seeking advice on setting up a new lab for my plant biology course.  A
colleague of mine described this lab to me - one that he enjoyed as an
undergraduate student.  The lab is designed to demonstrate the effect of
leaf size/ shape/ and angle on the temperature of the leaf.  They used
temperature sensitive paper or film (or some similar product) and cut out
the shape and size of different leaves. The leaves were then inserted into a
wind tunnel and illuminated from above.  The paper would change color -
correlating with particular temperatures.  I'm not sure where to get such
temperature sensitive paper/film.  Does anyone have advice on where to look?
Also - if anyone has ever set up such a lab, I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Amy Verhoeven

Amy Verhoeven
Biology Department