water stress

Scott Shumway sshumway at wheatonma.edu
Tue Nov 13 14:55:32 EST 2001

One of my botany students has chosen water stress and drought tolerance as
a term paper topic.  I am feeling guilty about sending him off to write a
paper on a topic for which I have given him little to no preparation, as my
class does not include physiology.  Are there good sources that he can use
on this topic without having extensive knowledge of plant water relations?
I had hoped that the students would become exposed to primary literature,
but I'm not sure he will be able to understand any of it.  Thanks for your

Scott Shumway
Associate Professor of Biology
Dept. of Biology
Wheaton College