spam and private listserves

Janice M. Glime jmglime at mtu.edu
Tue Sep 25 19:34:58 EST 2001

  I agree - a managed list would lose the spontaneity and timeliness we
currently enjoy.  It appears that there is enough use of the archives that
those are too valuable to lose.  I am disappointed that the software for
the biosci lists is unable to require membership for submission to the
list.  That would virtually stop all spam without requiring a
manager.  However, until the software can handle that one small change, I
favor using the delete key.  Most spammers are bold enough to reveal
themselves in their subject lines.

Janice
 Janice M. Glime, Professor
 Department of Biological Sciences