moderation vote

Jon Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Sun Sep 30 21:47:35 EST 2001

Hi Plant-eders,

Thanks for your votes.  I'm sorry I couldn't reply to all of your
comments.  The tally was 21 in favor of the status quo, 42 in favor of
sticking with BIOSCI but being moderated, and 3 wishing to go to a
listserver.  A handful voted for either option 1 or 2.

Earlier today (9/30/01) I sent a message to the BIOSCI administrator
asking him to initiate the process of making Plant-ed a moderated group.
 I will serve as the moderator and, respecting the wishes of several
voters, I will let you know if it becomes too much of a burden!  My
policy will be to screen out _only_ those messages that are obviously
spam.  I'll keep you posted as changes are implemented.  If, after
several months, you feel that the delay in posting due to this change is
a problem please let me know.

In the mean time keep plant-eding!

Jon

Jonathan D. Monroe, Associate Professor
Department of Biology, MSC 7801
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
office: 540-568-6649
fax: 540-568-3333
email: monroejd at jmu.edu
csm.jmu.edu/biology/monroejd/jmonroe.html