economical poster sessions

Janice M. Glime jmglime at mtu.edu
Thu Feb 21 19:46:24 EST 2002

> We would like to have conference-quality poster boards that are
> free-standing, like what is used at most annual scientific meetings,
> instead of attaching things to walls.
>
> But, alas, our budget is small. Does anyone have advice on how to
> purchase cheaply (or even build ourselves) good poster boards????

One possibility that would solve the storage problem and look professional
with less cost might be to purchase and install the cork strips that are
available.  These are about 1" wide and also have several clips on
them.  They can be used with thumb tacks or by hanging things from the
clips.  When not in use for posters, they stay on the walls and can be
used for hanging pictures or just form a strip around the wall.  We use
them in our Learning Center for hanging student project reports and
presentation posters.

Janice
 Janice M. Glime, Professor
 Department of Biological Sciences