foliar feeding

Thomas Bjsrkman tnb1 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 26 12:01:34 EST 2002

David Hershey's reply is right that there are some specific situations
where foliar feeding has been found to  have value. I want mention one
aspect that may provide a distraction to your student.  Foliar feeding
is often promoted as a miracle cure for all sorts of things. Some of
these work roughly as well as soil fertilization but are are very
expensive; others are pixie dust.  If you search the web you are sure to
find plenty of hits in both of these categories.