taylorwa at uwec.edu
Wed Feb 27 17:45:46 EST 2002
We are in the process of writing a position description to replace our
current greenhouse manager. The position will likely be 75% greenhouse
management and 25% oversight of the animal care facility. I have several
1) What is the state of your current greenhouse management? Do you have a
full time position?
2) If the person in this position has other duties, what are they and how
much time/week do they consume?
3) What is the size of your facility?
4) What type of training does your manager have?
5) Where would you suggest we go about advertising a position of this sort?
The current debate centers around whether the person should have a 2 year
associate's degree, a 4 year degree in hort. or be master's level. One of
the principal responsibilities will be to give tours to about 1500
visitors/year. I would like someone who is as knowledgable about plants as
Feedback greatly appreciated. On or off list.
More information about the Plant-ed