need suggestions for botany articles

mmphillips at stkate.edu mmphillips at stkate.edu
Fri Jan 18 11:22:35 EST 2002

Dear Plant-ed folks,

I've recently gotten involved in the development of a botany web site by
McGraw-Hill/Dushkin publishers-
They already have a large number of what they call "PowerWeb" sites for
other disciplines.  The set up is similar to other web sites supporting a
text - when you use one of their texts you and your students get access to
the site for 6 months. The PowerWeb sites contain, for one, a selection of
articles organized by topic that instructors can then assign to students --
that is the part that I will be working on.  (The sites also have a Weekly
Update and Daily News sections that post news articles, and some other
features)

I've got two questions to you:
Can you suggest articles  - both classic and new -- that you, as an
instructor of a botany course, would want to assign your class?
What topic matrix/organization would support what you do in your courses?

Thanks for your input-

Martha Phillips
Biology Dept.
The College of St. Catherine