photosynthesis extract

Wil Taylor taylorwa at uwec.edu
Fri Jan 18 15:44:34 EST 2002

Hello all,

Since our plant physiologist left a few years ago and we have yet to
find a
 replacement (another discussion for the group - are there fewer being
trained or are they going into industry?  We have had very small pools of
candidates the last few searches), our chlorophyll extracts have not been
acceptable.  There must be more to it than grinding up spinach leaves in
solvent and filtering.  I would like an extract that nicely demonstrates
fluorescence.  Placing an extract in an erlenmeyer flask on an overhead
projector is one of my favorite demonstrations.  Suggestions from my
physiological colleagues?

Wil Taylor