need suggestions for botany articles

Janice M. Glime jmglime at mtu.edu
Sun Jan 20 13:14:50 EST 2002

> I've got two questions to you:
> Can you suggest articles  - both classic and new -- that you, as an
> instructor of a botany course, would want to assign your class?

  This is one of my favorites on conduction in plants.  It challenges a
long-held theory and is interesting reading.  There are a number of papers
on the subject and an earlier one by Zimmerman, but this one would
probably be easier reading for undergraduates.

Canny, M. J.  1995.  A new theory for the ascent of sap -
cohesion supported by the tissue pressure.  Ann. Bot. 75: 343-357.

Janice
 Janice M. Glime, Professor
 Department of Biological Sciences
 Michigan Technological University