Radiation evident in linseed oil?

Joseph Holtum Joseph.Holtum at jcu.edu.au
Wed Nov 20 21:41:28 EST 2002

Re 14C:

I wonder what sort of 14C signal remains in the atmosphere - as bomb 14C
is
being diluted by 14C-poor CO2 from fossil fuels. I guess it depends upon
when the linseed was grown.

One might be able to use the 13C signal - as the 13C:12C ratio of
atmospheric CO2 is decreasing as a result of fossil fuel-derived CO2.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that a group of researchers tried
use bomb 14C as a tracer for soil carbon turnover and sequestration in
rainforest soils. I recall that they had great difficulty in detecting a
signal - sorry, cannot remember the reference.

Joe