soil water

Carl Pike carl.pike at
Thu Oct 24 13:53:43 EST 2002

Can someone give me some advice on instruments that could be used 
readily in an undergraduate plant physiology course to measure soil 
water potential or moisture content.  My only experience is which 
vapor pressure osmometers, which seem to be too complex for a typical 
undergraduate lab course.  What other types of instruments are there 
- that could be used on a potted plant and/or in the field to measure 
soil water status.  Any information on suitability for undergrad lab, 
specifications, manufacturers, and price would be appreciated. 
Thanks   Carl

More information about the Plant-ed mailing list