careers in plant biology

Fisher, Roxanne RFisher at
Wed Sep 4 11:26:30 EST 2002

Dear Plant-ed folks:

Chatham College is having a campus-wide career day.  During that day we will
talk about potential jobs related to our classes during the classes and then
we will have a panel discussion in the afternoon with employers about
liberal arts education.  My students have asked me individually about this
issue also.   My question to you is: What kinds of resources are there about
careers in plant biology?  I vaguely remember a pamphlet from ASPP about
careers in plant physiology but I couldn't find it on their website. I've
talked about what friends of mine did with their plant biology degrees and
other jobs I can think of related to plant biology but I'm wondering if
there is anything more formal out there that could be useful.

Roxanne H. Fisher                                  rfisher at
Assistant Professor of Biology                  phone (412)365-1893
Chatham College                                     fax (412)365-1505
Woodland Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15232