careers in plant biology

Susan Singer ssinger at carleton.edu
Wed Sep 4 15:42:27 EST 2002

Roxanne,
ASPB has a new collection of essays by plant biologists available. They
were published individually in Plant Physiology. I noticed in my ASPB
renewal information yesterday that you could order the set for $5. Maybe
you could e-mail info at aspb.org for more information.
Susan

--On Wednesday, September 4, 2002 5:26 PM +0100 "Fisher, Roxanne"
<RFisher at Chatham.edu> wrote:

> Dear Plant-ed folks:
>
> Chatham College is having a campus-wide career day.  During that day we
> will talk about potential jobs related to our classes during the classes
> and then we will have a panel discussion in the afternoon with employers
> about liberal arts education.  My students have asked me individually
> about this issue also.   My question to you is: What kinds of resources
> are there about careers in plant biology?  I vaguely remember a pamphlet
> from ASPP about careers in plant physiology but I couldn't find it on
> their website. I've talked about what friends of mine did with their
> plant biology degrees and other jobs I can think of related to plant
> biology but I'm wondering if there is anything more formal out there that
> could be useful.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Roxanne

> Roxanne H. Fisher                                  rfisher at chatham.edu
> Assistant Professor of Biology                  phone (412)365-1893
> Chatham College                                     fax (412)365-1505
> Woodland Road
> Pittsburgh, PA 15232
>

> ---

Susan R. Singer				Phone:  507-646-4391
Department of Biology			Fax:    507-646-5757
Carleton College			e-mail: ssinger at carleton.edu
Northfield, MN 55057