careers in plant biology

David W. Kramer kramer.8 at osu.edu
Wed Sep 4 19:47:18 EST 2002

Roxanne,
The Botanical Society of America has Careers in Botany posted on its
website at
http://www.botany.org/bsa/careers/

Dave Kramer

>Dear Plant-ed folks:
>
>Chatham College is having a campus-wide career day.  During that day we will
>talk about potential jobs related to our classes during the classes and then
>we will have a panel discussion in the afternoon with employers about
>liberal arts education.  My students have asked me individually about this
>issue also.   My question to you is: What kinds of resources are there about
>careers in plant biology?  I vaguely remember a pamphlet from ASPP about
>careers in plant physiology but I couldn't find it on their website. I've
>talked about what friends of mine did with their plant biology degrees and
>other jobs I can think of related to plant biology but I'm wondering if
>there is anything more formal out there that could be useful.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Roxanne

>Roxanne H. Fisher                                  rfisher at chatham.edu
>Assistant Professor of Biology                  phone (412)365-1893
>Chatham College                                     fax (412)365-1505
>Woodland Road
>Pittsburgh, PA 15232
>

>---

David W. Kramer, Ph.D.
Asst. Prof. of Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology
Ohio State University at Mansfield
1680 University Drive
Mansfield, OH  44906-1547
Phone:  (419) 755-4344      FAX:  (419) 755-4367
e-mail:  kramer.8 at osu.edu
http://www.mansfield.ohio-state.edu/~dkramer/