botany text choices

lee hadden hadden at wingate.edu
Thu Apr 24 14:57:58 EST 2003

Could any of you virtual colleagues out there who teach general botany
/ plant biology for biology majors share your choices of texts you
have been using.  I am trying to select a new text for the plant
biology course I teach each fall and thought getting the benefit of
collective experiences might help preclude selecting what looks like a
decent text, only to find that it has too many inherent weaknesses.

If you could list the text/author[s];  how long you have been using
it; what you especially like about it or what you found unsatisfactory
I'd appreciate it.  If you simply respond to this email and fill in
the info below, I'll compile a list of comments and make it available
to anyone desiring it.  Any other information you deem helpful could
be included as well.

Thanks in advance.

E. Lee Hadden
Professor of Biology
Department of Biology
Wingate University
Wingate, NC  28174

TEXT/AUTHOR:

HOW LONG YOU'VE USED THIS TEXT:

STRENGTHS:

WEAKNESSES OR THINGS YOU'D LIKE TO SEE IMPROVED:

OTHER COMMENTS: