Z-scheme

David Alan Walker d.a.walker at sheffield.ac.uk
Sat Apr 26 03:12:37 EST 2003

As they say, there is no fool like an old fool. After more experience
than I
care to remember (with what can be embedded and what can't) I should have
known better. However, as "Tom Jacobs, has gently pointed out
------------
"in order for a Powerpoint to run
an animation, the animation itself -- as a separate file -- has to
accompany the Powerpoint file.  I believe there is a way to coax
Powerpoint to incorporate the animation code into itself, but I've
never tried to do that.  I always have my separate animation files
sitting in the same folder as my Powerpoint.  Otherwise, Powerpoint
has no data to drive the animation"
---------------
For the moment therefore, should you wish to use my Z-scheme ppt in its
entirety you will need to download both

http://www.shef.ac.uk/~daw/zsch.ppt
and
http://www.shef.ac.uk/~daw/CARTOON.AVI

and then, put both into one folder. I have tried to put these into one
folder myself in order to save you the bother of two separate downloads but
my nice university server (for reasons best known to itself) sent me a tart
"permission denied".

Naturally. zsch.ppt works happily on my Mac by itself (when downloaded
without the cartoon) but that is because my obliging computer remembers that
it has the cartoon on its hard disc and recovers it without telling me. It
is getting too smart for its own good.

>From David Walker, FRS., Emeritus Professor of Photosynthesis,
University of
Sheffield, UK.