Online lab quizzes in diversity courses

cronewil at hvcc.edu cronewil at hvcc.edu
Wed Aug 27 08:11:04 EST 2003

I've done Power Point for weekly lab quizzes, as it helps to give a bit of
a "practical" flavor without the practical set up.  In terms of coursework
software such as Web-CT, you will want to think of ways of working it,
given that it will be "open book" whether you intend it to be or not.
These could include limited time access to the quiz, or hard questions
that would require some additional resource use.  The Botanical Society of
America has teaching images, http://images.botany.org/, and Biodidac at
the University of Ottawa would also have extensive images:
http://biodidac.bio.uottawa.ca/index.htm

Good luck--how many students are you dealing with?  Bill Crone, HVCC Biology

Wilson Crone
Assistant Professor
Department of Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Hudson Valley Community College
Troy, NY 12180
(518) 629-7439 (voice), -7799 (fax)
cronewil at hvcc.edu