Plant Seminar

David W. Kramer kramer.8 at osu.edu
Tue Dec 9 20:50:20 EST 2003

What's wrong with the titles you listed?  Sound good to me.  You
might also consider "Seeds of Civilization" with emphasis on the way
the domestication of plants not only fed humans, clothed them,
treated their ailments (allowing them to live longer), etc. but the
time that was not taken for hunting and gathering could be used for
artistic and intellectual pursuits.  "Plants that Changed History"
might be another approach.  In this kind of seminar you could talk
about the movement of plants from one continent to another (and often
back again) in the great age of exploration.  These would include
plants like peanuts, cotton, sugar, tobacco, corn, etc.

Sorry.. this is just off the top of my head.  Others will have better
suggestions.

Dave

--
David W. Kramer, Ph.D.