'Like Clockwork'

David Alan Walker d.a.walker at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 16:57:57 EST 2003

Such a welcome message to come across as I periodically check into Plant
Education.

'like Clockwork' was not born out of a wish to accumulate unimagined wealth
like  the author of

http://harrypotter.warnerbros.co.uk/home.html

for whom I have immense respect and admiration.

It sprang from two things. The first had to do ( I write this is an old man)
with an evangelical  enthusiasm for all matters digital, that I have striven
to express in

http://www.shef.ac.uk/~daw/inpr.pdf

The second was sheer pleasure in writing about a subject dear to my heart.

 Accordingly, anyone with a wish to do so, can download the first
chapter of
'like Clockwork' from

http://www.shef.ac.uk/~daw/lc1.pdf

However thewhole of 'Like Clockwork' (snatches of 'music' and all) occupies
about 25 MB which, I admit, is a bit of a pain, to download.
Accordingly, if
you are strapped for cash and can't afford the $ 15 (no offence
intended- I
used to get biochemicals from Sigma, for free, on the same basis) to buy it
from

 http://www.packardpublishing.com/index.shtml

see http://www.oxygraphics.co.uk/

just Email me and I will be happy to mail it to you, gratis, on CD.

Best regards and thanks

David

>From David Walker, FRS., Emeritus Professor of Photosynthesis,
University of
Sheffield, UK.

PS I hate spam too but how else to respond?