Teacher Workshops

David W. Kramer kramer.8 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 19 11:18:12 EST 2003

Dan (Tim) Gerber at University of Wisconsin LaCrosse and I will be
presenting a workshop at the Forum (Pre-Conference Education Session) of
the Botanical Society of America meetings
[http://www.2003.botanyconference.org/ ] in Mobile, Alabama on Sunday, July
27.  The workshop will be a "Workshop on Teacher Workshops" in which Tim
and I will share our experiences in offering plant biology workshops for
elementary teachers.  The goal of the workshop is to provide participants
with the rationale for doing such a thing and also provide them with
guidelines for developing such workshops.  The workshops we have done will
serve as examples.

WE NEED HELP!  Our workshops were for elementary teachers.  If you have
done a workshop for secondary teachers, we would like you to join us in
planning and presenting the workshop so that your experience can be shared
with others.

If you are interested, please contact me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  Please pass
this plea to any of your colleagues who could help us.

David W. Kramer, Ph.D.
Asst. Prof. of Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology
Ohio State University at Mansfield
1680 University Drive
Mansfield, OH  44906-1547
Phone:  (419) 755-4344      FAX:  (419) 755-4367
e-mail:  kramer.8 at osu.edu
http://www.mansfield.ohio-state.edu/~dkramer/