Respiration and Photosynthesis

Cook, Deborah DCook at cau.edu
Mon Nov 10 11:48:02 EST 2003

Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I've posted.  I just got a call from a
chemist, who claims that the carbon dioxide from respiration is recycled
into photosynthesis. The premise is that plants are highly efficient
because of this phenomena for sometime type of physics research. I think
this is a HS science project.  At the same time, I do not recall any old
tracer studies that directly show this as being the case.  Is this one
of those great misconceptions out there that we have to clear up from
time to time?

Thanks for any replies,

Deb Cook

Deborah A. Cook Ph.D.