new online course

Iris Meier meier.56 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 24 13:42:12 EST 2003

I am a faculty member in the Dept. of Plant Biology at OSU. I have
recently developed a non-credit online course for the general public
(and of course for interested students) about plants, food, and
biotechnology. It is accessible at
http://universalclass.com/i/crn/8390.htm. I can't teach it for free
(which I would) because the provider of the online teaching service
has to live too, so I will offer it for a marginal fee of $8. It is
targeted at people from all areas of life who would like to know more
about plant biotechnology and "genetically modified organisms" in the
context of crops and food. My vision is that this course will enable
students to think 'on their feet' and to competently judge the
information they are given, be it by biotech corporations or by
anti-biotech activist groups.

I'd appreciate any advice from this group about how to reach
interested people.

Iris</fontfamily>