Coffee case study: Web site references

Beverly Brown bjbrown at naz.edu
Mon Apr 12 10:20:28 EST 2004

I'm working on the finishing touches for a case study on coffee we're
starting this week.  Does anyone know reputable web sites (other refs would
be helpful, too) that would help students sort out:

*organic vs. non-organic farming
*the business of raising coffee as 1) a big business 2)as a cooperative
*the process of forming a co-op: how do farmers make the transition?
*the daily life of a landless coffee picker or a small coffee farm owner

Any other good sources of coffee info will be greatly appreciated.  I'm
hoping to write this up for the National Center on Case Study Teaching in
Science and would love it if anyone else wanted to test drive this case
before I submit it. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Beverly J. Brown
Assistant Professor
Biology Department