Herbarium Labels

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Tue Apr 13 15:55:08 EST 2004

If the labels are just for student work and aren't to be permanent,
any word processing program on any computer will do.  If the hope is
that the labels will be good enough for actually pasting on herbarium
sheets, you'll probably have to provide them with a template and acid
free paper.  The template we use for temporary, hand-filled labels
that will be redone on acid-free paper is at:
http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/tfplab/301labels.pdf

This is a link to a page with an excel file which will make the same
thing, and which will can be filled in on the computer.
http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/tfplab/forms.htm

City goes in location; associated species go in habitat.  (Note that
our labels don't include a spot for elevation--in this part of Texas,
it's pretty much pancakesville.)

Monique Reed
Texas A&M

--