MacClade Examples for Plants?

Tue Dec 7 10:01:01 EST 2004

The TreeBASE web site has hundreds of data sets and phylogenetic trees.
You can combine data sets from different studies as well.  A very
interesting site (

Ron Deckert
Asst. Professor
Dept. of Botany
Weber State University
2504 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-2504
(801) 626-7283

>>> Bill Williams <WEWilliams at> 12/06/04 8:45:37 AM >>>

Dear Plant Ed,

I am presenting some very elementary aspects of cladistics to a class,

and I'd like to use MacClade for a live demonstration. The program
comes with a very nice data matrix and some sample trees dealing with
the evolution of the vertebrates; does anyone know of a similar
ready-made data matrix for plants? Perhaps for dividing up the major
groups of plants? I'd love to see a URL or some data...

William E. Williams <mailto:WEWilliams at>
Professor of Biology
Saint Mary's College of Maryland
18952 E Fisher Rd, Saint Marys City, MD 20686