porometers

Carl Pike carl.pike at fandm.edu
Tue Jun 8 09:51:49 EST 2004

We have used Licor 1600 steady state porometers for many years in our
sophomore level intro course.  I have funds to buy another one, but
found out that Licor has discontinued them.  So I have a couple of
questions for the group.
1. Do you (or anyone in your department) have a Licor porometer that
you no longer use that you would be interested in selling?

2. What other steady-state porometer instruments have you used in
courses (this is a sophomore course), and what comments can you give
me about ease of use, robustness, reliability, etc.?   I know it will
be a bit of a hassle to have the class using 2 different types (we
have 4 Licors), but things will be better with 5 instruments per
class rather than 4.

thank you for your input!

Carl Pike