Free books etc on subjects relevant to Plant ed

David Alan Walker d.a.walker at sheffield.ac.uk
Sat Jun 12 06:58:25 EST 2004

Free books etc on subjects relevant to Plant ed

Between June 15th and June 30th,  it seems that anyone who signs up to
BitPass (http://www.bitpass.com/) will be offered the ability to
download anything that is on offer there, for free, up to a total of $35

It costs nothing to sign up and there are no hidden viruses, costs,
obligations, pornography or indeed anything that might shock or cause
offence.  BitPass is simply trying to promote its site in the hope that,
if you find it useful, you might even buy something from them after this
offer terminates on June 30th. To sign up, simply go to
http://www.oxygraphics.co.uk/cat.html between June 15th and June 30th
and click on the BitPass advert that you will find there.

What’s in it for me? Regular contributors to ‘Plant ed’ will know that,
in my declining years, I have become a PDF evangelist for reasons that,
if you have five minutes to spare, you can still read at
http://www.shef.ac.uk/~daw/inprm.pdf. As such, I am also bound to
conclude that BitPass could come to make important contributions to the
publication and distribution of scientific content. Be that as it may,
here is a chance for me to offer you anything of mine (on
http://www.oxygraphics.co.uk/cat.html) without cost to you. You might,
for example, feel that it is worth downloading one or all of the
following, particularly if you have access to a nice fast university
connection. (The University of Sheffield has something so much faster
than domestic UK Broadband that it brings tears to my eyes)

http://www.oxygraphics.co.uk/bpgcc.html

http://www.oxygraphics.co.uk/alitbp.html

http://www.oxygraphics.co.uk/bplc.html

http://www.oxygraphics.co.uk/bppr.html

http://www.oxygraphics.co.uk/bppub.html

Remember that you can only get these (or others) for free if you
register with BitPass by clicking on their advert which will appear on
http://www.oxygraphics.co.uk/cat.html on June 15th. After June 30th it
will be back to paying.

An additional bonus (if you are kind enough to regard it as such) is
that a flurry of interest will encourage me to resume work on ‘Another
Leaf in Time’. This has remained untouched for so long that it is in
grave danger of joining that long list of good intentions which my
mother always claimed were used to pave the path to hell.

>From David Walker, FRS., Emeritus Professor of Photosynthesis,
University of Sheffield, UK.
http://www.oxygraphics.co.uk/