Case Studies in Botany

mmphillips at stkate.edu mmphillips at stkate.edu
Wed Mar 10 13:40:06 EST 2004

Dear Plant Edders -

I would really like to move more toward a case study approach in teaching
plant biology, but I can't find anything in the way of websites or books
that focus on case studies in plant biology.  (And I'm unpracticed in
setting them up on my own and would love to work from examples.)  Right now
I'm finishing up the topic of plant diversity and I think some sort of
forensic botany case study where knowing the differences between
bryophytes, pteridophytes, gymnosperms and angiosperms would help you solve
the case would be wonderful.  Before I start trying to invent such a
scenario, I thought I see if any of you knew of good case studies or places
to look.

Thanks,
Martha

Martha M. Phillips, Ph.D