rising tree sap

John Hewitson jfh30 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 12:10:34 EST 2005

I remember starting a thread on this in 1996!

http://bionet.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/hypermail/plant-ed/plant-ed.199610/0000.html

followed by:-

http://bionet.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/hypermail/plant-ed/plant-ed.199610/0001.html
(actually appears to be posted before my initial email! In those days we
weren't very clever on time-stamping emails.)

http://bionet.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/hypermail/plant-ed/plant-ed.199610/0003.html

http://bionet.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/hypermail/plant-ed/plant-ed.199610/0006.html

http://bionet.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/hypermail/plant-ed/plant-ed.199610/0011.html

- don't expect any "good solid knowledge of what governs the flow upward
of tree sap in the spring", but I found it interesting!

John

Dr. John F. Hewitson
Science and Plants for Schools (SAPS)
Homerton College