Botanical dictionary

Jensen, Douglas Doug.Jensen at Converse.edu
Thu Apr 14 11:08:25 EST 2005

Radford, Dickison, Massey, and Bell's "Vascular Plant Systematics" (the
one that looks like a telephone book) is online, and although it's from
the 70's, I still find it useful for many terms.  It contains many
illustrations, and a search engine, but when I tried a query, it
wouldn't search properly for me.

http://www.ibiblio.org/botnet/glossary/

I have also had good results using Harris and Harris' "Plant
Identification Terminology."

Doug

Douglas P. Jensen
Assistant Professor and Biology Chair
Converse College
580 E. Main St.
Spartanburg, South Carolina 29302
(864)596-9123
douglas.jensen at converse.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-plant-ed at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
[mailto:owner-plant-ed at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk]On Behalf Of "Dr. Cindy Graham"
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:48 AM
To: plant-ed at net.bio.net
Subject: Botanical dictionary

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good botanical dictionary.  I am
mainly interested in one for plant morphology/taxonomy term and most of
the ones I have seen are "plant sciences" dictionaries that have a lot
of current molecular biology terms but not a lot of the older terms used
to describe plants.

Cheers,

Cindy

Dr. Cindy Graham,