[Plant-education] Phytochrome lab exercises?

Dr. Cindy Graham cmgraham at ucalgary.ca
Thu Jul 21 10:39:56 EST 2005

Hello all,

I am in the process of updating the labs for our introductory plant
physiology class.  In the past, we have done the light regulated
germination experiment with lettuce seeds.   This experiment doesn't
always work out very well for the students and because the class is
quite large (72 students) it poses some organizational and space
issues for us.  I am wondering if any of you have successfully used a
different lab to demonstrate phytochrome responses.

Cheers,

Cindy

Dr. Cindy Graham,
Instructor - Natural Sciences Program