[Plant-education] Biology textbook project

plant-ed at iubio.bio.indiana.edu plant-ed at iubio.bio.indiana.edu
Fri Jun 3 01:03:53 EST 2005

Hi all

A group of physics students from the University of Cape Town
started a project to write science textbooks for high school students
under a free license.
By reducing the authors', editors' and publishers' royalties the cost
of
books can be reduced
to ~R15 (US$ 3) per book, a significant reduction over current prices.
By making the content available for education initiatives anywhere to
modify and use the project hopes to help provide books in needy
areas as well as support other education initiatives (globally).

The project page is: http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst

We are looking for volunteers who might have some time or content to
spare to help us speed
up the project. As we are all volunteers, development is slow (but
steady) and we are looking for
people to help us reduce individual workloads.

This is a biology education discussion group so I thought I'd try my
luck and draw
your attention to the project just in case anyone is interested in
helping out.

Cheers,

Mark