[Plant-education] Duckweed Growth Experiment

John Hewitson hewitson_john at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 01:31:01 EST 2005

This is a favourite area of SAPS (Science and Plants for Schools).
We love experiments with Duckweed for 9 year olds and for 19 year
olds - a brilliant plant for investigations!

If you search our website for the terms <duckweed> and <lemna> you
will find many articles which will be of direct help to you.  There
are protocols for experiments with duckweed (including techniques for
quantitative measurements) which are very relevant to your
investigation as well as a wealth of background information about
Lemna and links to other sites.

Dr. John F. Hewitson
Science and Plants for Schools (SAPS)
Homerton College