[Plant-education] botany textbooks

Perry, James jperry at uwc.edu
Wed Nov 30 11:00:25 EST 2005

I think you may have missed one, Jennifer: Plant Biology by Graham,
Graham, and Wilcox, 2nd edition, Pearson-Prentice Hall. I would say it
is comparable to Stern in many respects. The first edition had
spectacular animations, but the 2nd lacks them. Pearson will send the
old CD and a new set of animations for anyone who asks (at least they
sent it to me when I complained).

Ray Evert was my major prof and Susan Eichhorn (note spelling) a
colleague. Their new edition has the best illustrations of any book I
have ever seen. Students find the reading very dense. I have told Ph.D.
students preparing for their qualifiers to read it.

Jim Perry

Campus Executive Officer and Dean

Professor of Biological Sciences

UW-Fox Valley