[Plant-education] Plant position at JMU

Jon Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Fri Oct 14 18:04:54 EST 2005

Hi Plant-eders,

We have an open, tenure-track position for a plant biologist at James
Madison University.

Plant Biologist.  The Department of Biology at James Madison University
invites applications for a tenure track position, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
level, in botany.  We are seeking a plant biologist/ecologist who
focuses on conservation issues or large-scale processes in plant
communities.  Possible areas of research might include, but are not
limited to, invasive species, climate change, plant population dynamics,
plant-animal interactions, and plant reproductive systems.  A Ph.D. is
required, as well as evidence of a strong commitment to undergraduate
teaching.   Post-doctoral and teaching experience is desirable.  The
successful applicant will be expected to create an active,
externally-supported research program that involves undergraduates and
Master’s students.  Teaching responsibilities will include introductory
courses and upper-level courses in the applicant’s field.

Go to http://www.jmu.edu/biology/ and click on "Open Faculty Positions"
for more details and links to several other positions.  Please pass this
along to anyone that might be interested.  Thanks!

Jon

  Jonathan Monroe, Professor
  Department of Biology, MSC 7801
  James Madison University