[Plant-education] Re: Plants & People/Health Course

Mark D. Spiro spiro at bucknell.edu
Wed Apr 26 15:35:28 EST 2006

Check out Arthur Gibson's Website from

He also has a self-published "Manual of Economically Important Plants" that
he uses for his class.  I recently wrote to him and got a copy of this
book, which is very useful.

In the past I have used Simpson and Ogorzaly's 'Economic Botany: Plants in
Our World' textbook.  Unfortunately, the latest edition is not as nice as
previous editions.

At 02:19 PM 4/26/2006, Donna I. Ford-Werntz wrote:
>Hi all, I've been asked to develop a new course in Economic/Ethnbotany
>(possibly as narrow as Medical Botany).  Suggestions regarding textbook or
>other resources (syllabi, websites, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks for your help!
>Donna I. Ford-Werntz     West Virginia Univ.
>Herbarium Curator (WVA)  Box 6057
>Assoc. Prof. Biol.       Morgantown, WV 26506
>5230 Life Sciences       293-5201 X31549
>email: dford2 at wvu.edu    fax: (304)293-6363
>Web site at http://www.as.wvu.edu/biology/
>Plant-ed mailing list
>Plant-ed at net.bio.net